Apply to be Lunch and Learn's Camp Student Service Learning Coordinator!
We are seeking to hire a middle school and a high school service learning (SSL) Coordinator for our 2019 Lunch & Learn Summer Camp. We are looking for coordinators with strong work ethic, great attitude, dedication, and a desire to work with either middle & high school students. As the SSL Coordinator, you will help coordinate, organize, and supervise students as they earn SSL hours and engage in enriching activities at the camp and in the community. You will also help to support the middle or high school counselor who will be working with you. You may also be asked to supervise on-site and off-site field trips.
CHEER is a community-based nonprofit serving the Long Branch/ Takoma Park community. Its mission is to provide people with the knowledge and ability to create healthy, thriving communities, especially in the neighborhoods that bear the greatest burden of socio-economic inequity. We act as a facilitator and a catalyst in generating community driven activities to fulfill community defined goals for health, housing, community development, and youth development. CHEER is the fiscal agent for Lunch and Learn.
Takoma Park Lunch and Learn is a community-based summer enrichment program for underserved youth. It provides daily transportation to and from the facility, breakfast and lunch, instruction in math and reading,and recreational swim time for the participants. It also offers sports, arts and crafts, and weekly local guest speakers and leadership and community service instruction to middle school and high school youth with training and volunteer opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
• Plan daily instructional activities for all students in accordance with the approved curriculum.
• Conduct social and emotional learning instruction as directed and in accordance with lesson plans and materials provided for that purpose. Maintain order within the classroom and school with proactive classroom management and well organized learning environment.
• Maintain daily and weekly records of student performance and attendance and communicate this to the Director and/ or Executive Assistant for transmittal to the parents.
• Select and use a variety of instructional materials to stimulate learning and meet the needs of all students
• Communicate and coordinate instruction with other staff relative to student learning.
• Stay abreast of current educational trends and best practices as these relate to classroom instruction and effective schools.
• Maintain professional manner when interacting with campers, parents, colleagues, and subordinates.
• Training will be required regarding stuff orientation and curriculum prior to employment
• Conduct other assigned tasks as needed
• Participate in staff and instructor training on the evening of Monday June 11 and during the day on Saturday June 16th.
• Assist youth to plan, organize and participate in service activities
• FollowMontgomery County Public School Student Service Learning guidelines.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
A minimum of one year of documented professional teaching experience with young children strongly preferred.
Must be able to pass a background check.
A Stipend of $3,840.00 will be provided in two installments
All candidates will be subject to background check.
To apply, please complete the application below. If you have additional questions, please email the Lunch & Learn Youth Program Manager at